The Ultimate Events and Social Media Checklist: 17 Important Questions
Here are some items to think about when planning that next event, annual meeting, conference, symposium, seminar, etc. and considering integrating social media and/or blogging components:
- What social media channels are your members or customers already connected with you on?
- How are you using these channels to promote the event?
- How are you proactively engaging speakers and presenters with attendees before the event?
- How are you packaging pre-event information?
- How are you building buzz and anticipation for the conference utilizing social media and blogs?
- What is your plan to engage non-attending members and potential members during the annual meeting using social media?
- In what ways are the leaders of your organization setting the tone and example for online engagement? Do you have buy-in from the executive level?
- How are you helping to transform online relationships in your organization into meaningful, “real-life” connections?
- How will you engage attendees during the conference utilizing social media and blogging?
- In what ways are you showing value to your members, customers, or clients by engaging with them via social media and/or blogging?
- In what ways will you incorporate videos and/or photos in your social media strategy?
- Are the employees in your organization who have social media and/or blogging responsibilities tasked with conference-specific roles that may impact their ability to engage your audience during the event?
- How will you re-engage your audience after the event using social media and blogging?
- How will you disseminate post-event information?
- How will you leverage your social media presence to build toward the next event?
- How do you see this annual meeting not simply as an entity unto itself but as a building block for future annual meetings? What role does social media play in this long-term strategy?
- How do you increase the number of social media conversations regarding your organization and its events?
Please feel free to utilize this list of questions, add to it, and make it your own. What other questions have you found helpful in thinking through events and social media engagement? Please add below or send them to us on Twitter.