Top 9 Things I Hear Myself Saying About Social Media to Others
As I talk with others about social media and the power of it, there are certain phrases or concepts I find myself repeating often. I thought I’d turn these into a blog. Perhaps you’ll find them useful or challenging or even insightful. I can’t claim every one is original, but before you turn one of these quotes into a t-shirt, bumper sticker, coffee mug, your life-changing new mantra, or even your own blog post, an acknowledgement would be nice. Okay, here we go (in no particular order):
Social media is supposed to be social.
You get out of social media what you put into it.
Social media shouldn’t be just about your agenda.
Social media doesn’t change your personality.
Social media is about access to people.
Social media allows you to be in places/at events where you would not otherwise be.
Social media is not the end result; it should still result in a real-world connection.
Social media is not a cure-all.
Social media still takes people.
I welcome your feedback and additions.
Top ChatterBachs Posts & Pages
The ChatterBachs Tag Cloud
- Small startup helps 100s of cities visualize future @FastCompany buff.ly/2pGiGcR https://t.co/mM4uWVICwq h/t @remix #gov20 #dctech 14 hours ago
- @ChiefScribe Well, you make a valid point, Steve. ;-) 3 days ago
- How to source stories in your organization. @AliciaBabaee @HeadlinesComms #assnchat #storytelling twitter.com/HeadlinesPP/st… 3 days ago
- If only I had been an elevator operator... #ifonly https://t.co/4iijKi16CD 3 days ago
- Just bought my ticket for #AssociationsDay at Nats Park on 05.04 w/ @ASAEcenter! Who else is going? groupmatics.events/event/ASAEDay #assnchat #asae 3 days ago